2020 February Issues & Answers: Employers' Update on Opioids
How could the current opioid crisis affect you as an employer, and what can you do if you find that it does affect your business? We’ll help unpack this issue in our first Issues & Answers event of 2020. We’ve lined up experts to overview the crisis, explain addiction and its effects, illustrate how the health care community is responding, and describe how employers can take action. We’ll also learn about some innovative strategies now being applied.
Panelists will include:
- Dr. Cara Poland, Assistant Professor, Michigan State University, and Medical Director of Addiction Medicine, Spectrum Health
- Dr. Thomas Veverka, Critical Care Surgery Specialist, MidMichigan Health—Midland
- Dr. Catherine Bodnar, Medical Director, Midland County Department of Public Health
- Dr. Bahar Aliakbarian, Research Associate Professor, Axia Institute
- Shanna Hensler, Initiative Leader, Michigan Health Improvement Alliance (MiHIA)
Registration includes breakfast, and is $18 prior to February 22nd ($23 after) for members. Non-members are welcome for $33.
*Per MBA policy cancellations must be made at least 48 hours in advance of the event date for a refund.
Special thanks to our Diamond and Platinum Sponsors for making this event possible!