POWER Up Online Conference
Name: POWER Up Online Conference
Date: August 26, 2020
Time: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM EDT
POWER Up is an interactive leadership development conference focused on helping female leaders gain an understanding of key behaviors that will help accelerate success. Through guided reflection, attendees will gain an awareness of the skills, knowledge and capabilities critical to success and an increased ability to lead both inside and outside of the workplace.
Who: Midland Business Alliance Members
What: POWER Up: an interactive leadership conference co-sponsored by the Midland Business Alliance, Midland Executive Inclusion Council and Ernst & Young (EY).
When: August 26, 2020 from 1:00–4:00 p.m.
Why: We’re committed to supporting future leaders, as we look to close the gender gap.
What is POWER Up? The EY POWER Up tool is not a prescriptive list of behaviors. It is a means to springboard female professionals into deep conversations to determine what might enhance each of our performances.
- Why EY developed it: The goal of the EY POWER Up tool is to simplify and condense the overwhelming wealth of information available to current and future female leaders with respect to professional development. Using the tool EY hopes to get to the heart of the behaviors that can help build power and drive success.
- How EY developed it: The tool is based on EY’s Americas Leadership and Team Coaching team’s experience guiding women leaders and observing key behaviors that can either diminish or build power.
- Who it applies to: This tool applies to women striving to reach the next level of success.
- Project confidence authentically – exhibit a firm belief in your abilities
- Own your career – mindfully take control of your career
- Widen your network – identify and engage mentors, coaches and sponsors
- Elevate your communication – communicate with clarity, self-assurance and intent
- Realize your purpose – know who you are and what you stand for