This individual is the first personal contact for the Midland Business Alliance (MBA). Primary responsibilities include greeting and assisting visitors, answering telephones, receiving and posting payments, assisting staff members and managing the building conference rooms. This position is responsible for handling information and service requests timely.
The receptionist reports to the Chief Financial Officer of the Midland Business Alliance.
- Company knowledge: Knowledge of principles and practices of the MBA, including the organization’s mission and priorities.
- Reception: Greet visitors to the MBA, answer questions and hand out MBA material as needed. Receive and process credit cards, checks and cash payments from walk-in members. Assist members in a variety of ways, including stamping certificates of origins.
- Telephones: Answer calls (multi-line phone) and direct callers to the appropriate staff member; answer questions regarding specific events and general information about the community, businesses and the MBA. Assist callers with event registration.
- Incoming mail: Open, date and distribute mail to appropriate staff members; log all incoming payments into membership database and the cash receipts spreadsheet.
- Bank Deposit: Daily prepare and make the bank deposit.
- Outgoing mail: Assist the payables process by stuffing invoices & checks for mailing and log each mailing. Assist with other mailing requests as needed.
- Email: Read, forward, and/or respond to a variety of e-mail messages throughout the day.
- Filing: File vendor payments and the daily deposits. Annually prepare new year vendor files and rotate old files.
- Supplies: Manage and order office and kitchen supplies as needed. Investigate and order special supplies when needed to support staff.
- Office Machines: Use adding machine, laminator, printer, fax and copy machines frequently. Replace toner and ink cartridges, paper, etc. as needed.
- Member updates: Assist in maintaining MBA member software, making necessary member updates/changes when necessary, posting member events, job postings and special news releases.
- Volunteers: Coordinate and oversee volunteers who come in to assist with various projects, including folder stuffing and MBA bulk mailings.
- Farmers Market: Assist with preseason prep and maintain the market vendor attendance spreadsheet during market season.
- Assist Staff: As requested by staff, set up for meetings (moving tables, setting up the projector, setting out serving suppliers) and order food/meals. Includes maintaining and managing the calendar for all conference rooms.
- Other duties: Undertake special projects as assigned by management and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but high school diploma accepted with some college or equivalent experience.
- Three years’ experience working in a similar position of a medium to fast-paced organization.
- Strong PC skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook & Powerpoint) and have the willingness and ability to learn other programs as needed.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and as a team to solve day to day responsibilities
- Ability to manage, prioritize and handle tight deadlines and multiple tasks
- Ability to maintain an orderly work area and filing system
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with Constant Contact and Chamber Master membership software beneficial but not required.
Hours: Position is 20-26 hours per week.
Benefit package: No benefits as a part-time employee.
About the Midland Business Alliance (MBA): The MBA represents more than 3,000 businesses as Midland’s business hub, including the Midland Area Chamber of Commerce, Midland Tomorrow, CBM Services and MITCON. The goal of the MBA is to support the attraction, development and growth of businesses throughout Midland by providing an integrated portfolio of tools and resources.