Want to make a career out of construction? Are you ready to lead a crew or have you already managed a crew? This is a great opportunity for those already in the business.
The ideal lead carpenter will not only need to be skilled in all facets of residential construction and remodeling but also have good interpersonal skills needed to lead field crews. The candidate must have a strong attention to detail and be able to complete assigned tasks in a timely fashion. In order to be considered for this position you must be able to take a blueprint and a crew of 3-4 and build a house with limited direction.
• Lead a crew of 3-5 carpenters/laborers
• Read blueprints, drawings and sketches
• Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed (site material takeoffs)
• Cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material according to measurements
• Rough carpentry work will include framing walls, floor & roof systems, installing windows & doors, install siding, soffit & fascia
• Finish carpentry work will include installation of casing, base, & crown. Cabinet installation, flooring-hardwood/engineered, install hardware etc.
• Drywall/paint-minor touch ups
• Occasionally performing other trades (light electrical, plumbing, HVAC, tile, etc.)
• Implement and prioritize daily activities for the crew
• Must have a SAFETY FIRST ATTITUDE
• Proven experience as carpenter
• Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
• High level knowledge of construction timeline and scheduling
• High level knowledge of tools, and equipment used in carpentry
• High level ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical documents and drawings
• High level knowledge of building codes and regulations
• High level knowledge of job site safety rules and regulations (OSHA)
• High level understanding of basic math
• High level understanding of computers, smartphones, and other electronic devices
• Good physical condition: able to lift, carry, bend, climb, etc.
• Team player and ability to follow guidelines
Paid vacation after first year.
Must have reliable transportation.
Job Type: Full-time