Full Time Store Clerk
Do you love nature and art? Do you enjoy helping people become closer with nature? Nature Niche is a brick-and-mortar and e-commerce store in Midland, MI that aims to help people be good stewards of the environment and connect with nature. We sell a wide selection of backyard bird feeding and pollinator support supplies, garden art, nature art, and native plants, as well as provide environmental education to our customers. We are seeking a full-time store clerk to join our team! This position has a future growth opportunity within our business to become a store manager.
We specifically seek out team members who love to learn, are energetic, organized, have excellent interpersonal skills, and are team players.
- Work M-F 9:45am-6:15pm with the occasional Saturday hours required (compensatory weekday off).
- Package and ship incoming orders.
- Receive and re-stock inventory and set up in-store displays.
- Serve customers by helping them select products both in-store and online.
- Share product knowledge with customers to increase their understanding and encourage proper use.
- Provide customer service for inbound calls and emails.
- Write and enter product descriptions for new products.
- General store upkeep.
- Interest in and knowledge about backyard nature, wildlife habitat enhancement, and/or ecological restoration (wild bird feeding, pollinator support, native plants, garden and wildlife art, etc.) and a willingness to learn more!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong technical skills, both computer and iPad, proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Physical ability to wrangle a tape gun, lift 40 pounds, climb a step ladder, and work on your feet much of the day.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent. Undergraduate degree in a related natural science or business field a plus!
- Fun, nature-focused work environment!
- Future growth opportunities.
- Generous in-store employee discount.
All interested applicants should email resume, hourly wage requirements, and cover letter to email@example.com.