Are you passionate about helping others succeed? Do you value education and enjoy developing relationships? Are you driven by the challenge of meeting expectations and goals?
If so, Northwood University has a position that may be a great fit for you. The National Admissions Representative/Rover will be based out of our Midland, MI campus and will:
- Develop the national territory/serve as a “fill-in” or additional admissions representative/NSC on the traditional admissions team in any territory (including the Admissions Office) when an existing representative may not be able to fulfill the duties of their position, when additional coverage is needed for production reasons, or when the territory is vacant. This will be accomplished through scheduling and conducting high school visits via in person and through use of technology, attendance at college day/night programs, arranging bus trips to campus, involvement in on-campus open house events, conducting campus visit information sessions, creating and hosting off campus counselor events, interviewing prospective students and families through Field Family Visits at a local venue, developing rapport and maintaining working relationships with counselors and teachers, and working with the alumni network in designated regions.
- Work with prospects throughout the funnel to the committed stage.
- Make outbound calls with the goal of generating applicants/commitments that lead to enrollment.
- Have the ability to effectively and persuasively present enrollment options for Northwood University.
- Be adept at building relationships via phone, video, and in person with potential students and parents.
- Provide world class customer service.
- Ensure proper qualifying of inquiry and applicant and setting proper expectations for next steps.
- Oversee the student worker calling initiative in conjunction with the Campus Director in an effort to connect with interested students and increase applications.
- Report directly to the Field and Campus Directors of Admissions & Enrollment Management and achieve a defined enrollment goal, as well as assist the rest of the Admissions team with their responsibilities.
- Submit activity and expense reports in a timely manner
- Document all recruitment activities in CRM
- Prolonged sitting and standing
- Evening and weekend work hours required
- Some limited overnight travel may be required
Requirements, Skills and Abilities
- Possess a Bachelor Degree (preferably in Business, Marketing or other related programs).
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and meet NU insurability standards.
- Have a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in admissions/recruiting, teaching, advising, or in a related field.
- Have demonstrated experience working in teams, and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Work with culturally diverse populations.
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Adhere to Admissions Staff Dress Code
Northwood University has an institutional philosophy which emphasizes free enterprise in a context of limited government and individual responsibility. The ideal candidate will have a strong attraction to the mission and core values of Northwood University. Applicants are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the University’s outcomes at www.northwood.edu/aboutus/.
Competitive benefits package available including health, dental, and life insurance; retirement benefits; generous leave plan; flex spending plan; and tuition benefits for employee and family.
Please apply online at http://www.northwood.edu/human-resources/. EOE