Industrial Sewing Machine Operator
Bay Tech is looking for a focused and dedicated individual to become an industrial sewing Machine Operator! You will operate sewing machines to perform garment sewing operations, such as joining, reinforcing, or decorating garments or garment parts. with industrial materials. Sewing machine operators and tenders who perform specialized or automatic sewing machine functions.
- Starts and operates or tends machines that automatically join, reinforce, or decorate industrial material or fabricated articles.
- Positions item under needle, using marks on machine, clamp or template, edges of cloth, or markings on cloth as guides.
- Guides garment or garment parts under machine needle and presser foot to sew parts together.
- Positions Industrial materials or article in clamps, or template prior to automatic operation of machine.
- Observes sewing machine operation to detect defects in stitching or machine malfunction, and notifies supervisor.
- Attaches buttons or fasteners to fabric, using feeding hopper or clamp holder.
- Folds or stretches edges or length of items, while sewing, to facilitate forming specified sections.
- Removes holding devices and finished item from machine.
- Bastes edges of material to align and temporarily secure garment parts for final assembly.
- Draws markings or pins applique on fabric to obtain variation in design and marks stitching errors with pins or tape.
- Inspects material and examines repair tags and markings on material to locate defects or damage.
- Records number of garment parts or complete garments sewn.
Attention to detail
Ability to catch fine details or flaws in a material
Must be at least 18 years old to work with industrial machines
Must Be willing to Learn
Good physical (hand/eye) coordination
Able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis
High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred experience with Industrial sewing machines