Midland Business Alliance
Training Opportunities Begin Soon with Mid Michigan College
September 05, 2019
Mid Michigan College has several Short-Term Training and Professional Development opportunities starting soon!
Short-Term Training provides participants with career-ready skills in the healthcare and skilled trade fields. In as little as three to nine weeks trainees are prepared for entry-level positions and State certification exams. Training costs may be significantly reduced or completely offset through MiWorks! assistance programs. Potential trainees should contact their local MiWorks! to see if they qualify.
“Many of the careers connected to Mid’s Short-Term Training are ranked among the fastest growing occupations by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, including certified nurse assistants (CNAs) and Phlebotomists,” noted Kristine Stevens, Director of Business & Industry Training at Mid.
- Phlebotomy | Starts September 9 | $1,400 | Mt. Pleasant
- Phlebotomy | Starts September 17 | $1,400 | Big Rapids
- Phlebotomy | Starts September 23 | $1,400 | Bad Axe
- Phlebotomy | Starts September 30 | $1,400 | Alpena
- Phlebotomy | Starts October 21 | $1,400 | Harrison
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) | Starts October 28 | Mt. Pleasant
- CDL-A Truck Driving | Starts September 9 | $4,200 | Mt. Pleasant
- CDL-A Truck Driving | Starts September 30 | $4,200 | Big Rapids
- CDL-A Truck Driving | Starts October 7 | $4,200 | Bad Axe
- CDL-A Truck Driving | Starts October 14 | $4,200 | Mt. Pleasant
- CDL-A Truck Driving | Starts November 4 | $4,200 | Mt. Pleasant
- CDL-A Truck Driving | Starts December 2 | $4,200 | Mt. Pleasant
- Local Detention Academy | Starts September 10 | $1,100 | Mt. Pleasant
- Drones for Commercial Users | Starts October 21 | $1,485 | Mt. Pleasant
- Drones for Public Safety Personnel | Starts October 22 | $14,85 | Mt. Pleasant
Mid’s Professional Development offerings provide an essential need in the surrounding area for individuals to broaden their skills and increase their appeal to local employers. Mid offers many different sessions and topics throughout the calendar year taught by qualified instructors who have extensive career and training experience.
“With topics from project management to improving your communication skills, you can continue building relevant skills for your current career or increase your employability. In the local area, employers are looking for individuals who take initiative and prepare themselves for the workplace—and Mid’s Professional Development opportunities allow you to do just that,” shared Stevens.
- Local Detention/Criminal Justice | Starts September 10 | $10 per hour of training | Mt. Pleasant
- Microsoft Office Excel & Outlook | Starts September 10, 24, & October 8 | $250 | Mt. Pleasant
- Critical Incident Management | September 18 | $59 | Mt. Pleasant
For more information about upcoming trainings or to register, visit midmich.edu/short-term-training, midmich.edu/professional-development, or contact the Technical Education Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (989) 386-6614.
About Mid Michigan CollegeMid Michigan College, with campuses in Harrison and Mt. Pleasant, has been serving its community since 1965. With state-of-the-art facilities, experienced faculty, and vibrant student life, Mid is dedicated to helping students get the most out of their education. Learn more about Mid and all we have to offer at midmich.edu.
Meghan Keen, Director of Marketing